The underlying philosophy of GETAAPPLE CONSULTING' investment approach consists of funding its private equity sponsored transactions with a combination of equity and debt.
Unlike most private family offices:
1. GETAPPLE does not place money with other funds or investment managers;
2. GETAPPLE is not in the money management, brokerage or securities business;
3. GETAPPLE is a “strategic advisor” and “investor” in private equity transactions with a focus on the energy, industrial, food and aviation sectors.
GETAPPLE underwrites the equity portion of a transaction, both directly and through a core group of associated family offices, on a deal-by-deal and no-fee basis, allowing its partner clients the opportunity to co-invest in its equity transactions. This model reflects our preference for investment discretion, with many high-net-worth investors themselves being hands-on business owners.
When debt financing is required to structure an optimum transaction, we can arrange it through a wide array of leading financial institutions with which GETAPPLE maintains close relationships.
Although far from formulaic, GETAPPLE’s private equity transactions share some basic features:
Once we make an investment, we work with the company’s management to revitalize the business, making it more productive, more competitive and more profitable. We achieve this by, among other things, streamlining operations, investing in future growth, and growing the top and bottom lines for the benefit of all stakeholders, including employees, customers, suppliers and stakeholder communities in which the business operates.
GETAPPLE approaches business and investments as industrialists. We work closely with the management teams of companies that have strong business franchises, attractive growth prospects, leading market positions, and the ability to generate superior returns. We stay deeply involved in the operations of our investee companies, providing them with substantial resources over an average investment period of three to five years.
GETAPPLE is particularly interested in backing and co-investing with other investment groups, in private plays of established companies, throughout Europe, the United States, China, Vietnam, select Middle East North Africa (MENA) countries and Latin America.
GETAPPLE is neither a lender nor a securities broker dealer. We operate only as a strategic advisor and private equity investor.
We particularly like backing roll-ups, consolidations and build-ups, along with growth capital financing throughout the asset class categories. We are industry agnostic and happy to invest globally, as long as we are dealing with the right management team.
1. Companies run by owners who have with significant skin in the game, i.e. cash of their own rather than “sweat equity”.
2. Companies that are growing rapidly, and with expectations that their growth will continue for at least the next three years; we aim for a minimum of 20% sales growth and 20% EBITDA growth per year.
3. Companies generating at least $10 million in revenue for the year in which they’re seeking funding.
4. Companies with a minimum free cash flow (EBITDA) of $2 million per annum at the point of our investment. No limit on the upside.
5. Roll-up Opportunities.
1. Capital raising for Funds.
2. Pre-revenue start-ups – we invest in businesses,not business ideas.
3. Films and motion pictures.
4. Greenfield, development and project finance opportunities.
5. Public companies.
Everything we do is guided by a set of principles that define the firm’s character and culture; they have been at the core of Blackhawk since its inception. These enduring qualities are the shared convictions that we as partners bring to our professional and personal conduct; they are a fundamental strength of our business.
The underlying philosophy of GETAPPLE advisory services approach consists of providing solutions to complex business and financial problems.
That might mean leveraging our extensive expertise to develop a creative financial or trading solution to a specialized client need, or working through complex legal and capital considerations to arrive at the optimal capital structure in a restructuring or recapitalization. We pursue selected assignments in which we can add value by bringing strategic and financial expertise to bear on our clients’ needs.
We have a unique view into what matters — and what works — when capitalizing on drivers of business performance and trading opportunities. With decades of experience working with companies to share, analyze, and apply proven practices, we begin with great outcomes and reverse engineer to help you unlock your full potential.
GETAPPLE equips senior leaders and their teams with insight and actionable solutions to transform operations. This distinctive approach enables executives to harness peer perspectives and tap into breakthrough innovation without costly consulting or reinvention.
The model works by:
1. Focusing on identifying their common challenges;
2. Using world-class research to identify and build on proven solutions accessible for mutual advantage; and
3. Leveraging a global service infrastructure to deliver these insights, best practices, and tools.
Above all, we have made it our No. 1 priority to serve the needs of our investors and clients.
This commitment is reflected in a culture that values integrity, professionalism and a passion for excellence.
It also leads us to operate with prudence, financial discipline, a long-term perspective, and a clear understanding that trust is something we must earn every day.
The underlying philosophy of GetApple Consulting physical commodities trading approach is to realize the commercial potential of assets in markets where we have a comprehensive understanding of what influences value.
Our business is first and foremost a people’s business. We do not do business only over the Internet and like to meet face to face with our counter parties before moving forward in a transaction unless referred to us and vouched for by a client of ours.
The products we most extensively trade are: Beverages, Wines and Spirits, Beers, Poultry, Olive Oil, Wood and by products, Food.
We do not maintain business relations with those countries whose governments finance terrorism and / or support unfair trading practices.